A detailed review of the HIS HD 6450 Silence Edition 1GB. This review is written by someone who uses it everyday. HIS provide cheap graphics cards for computers. The HIS HD 6450 is just like that. Here we showcase the Pros and Cons of the HIS HD 6450 Silence Edition.
The AMD 6450 which is the graphics card built-in to this is one of the cheapest GPU’s available on the market. While it may look attractive, it’s not recommended for gaming but mainly for smooth, consistent 1080p video playback and semi-intense video editing.
The HIS HD 6450 features a DVI-D port, a HDMI port, a VGA port and a nice maximum resolution of 2560*1600. It supports up to 2 onitors. The HIS HD 6450 is a 64 bit piece of hardware requiring a PCIe x16 slot and a 400w or greater PSU. According to our sources, with an AMD CrossFireX system, a second AMD Radeon HD 6400 Graphics card, and one AMD CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable is required for dual GPU goodness. This GPU can playback blu-ray at ease (requires blu-ray hardware) and supports DirectX 11, OpenGL 4.1 and OpenCL 1.1. It has 1GB of memory.
Other noted features are a fanless heatsink, video transcoding (AVT), AMD HD3D , AMD PowerPlay , AMD CrossFireX Technology and an AMD Unified Video Decoder (UVD) 3.
HIS 6450 Pros
The reason you should buy this GPU is if you want to watch 1080p/blu-ray on your computer, edit with decent rendering speeds and multitask without any problems. It is handy for people who are mainly going to do basic editing and watch films on their computer.
HIS 6450 Cons
However, this GPU is definitely not recommended for gaming. Unless you want to play old games such as FIFA 2004 at ease, this isn’t the graphics card for you and I learnt this the hard way. Is this GPU good for gaming? No.
Here is a list of games I played with the HIS HD 6450 (8GB RAM + Athlon ii x250 CPU):
- Skyrim with FPS patches (800×600, medium-high settings achieving 30fps)
- Crysis 2 with FPS boosts (800×600, low settings 24fps)
- Sleeping Dogs (800×600, medium settings 30fps)
- Just Cause 2 (800×600, medium settings 30fps)
- Splinter Cell Conviction (1024×768 low settings 30fps)
- GTA IV with FPS boosts (1024×768 medium textures, everything else low 17-30fps)
- PES 2013 demo (No visual settings available, 23-40fps)
- Team Fortress 2 (800×600, medium settings 25-30 fps)
- More to come soon…
On the bright side, it’s pretty silent and doesn’t give me any overheating problems – 46 degrees at full load. However, an 80mm fan is blowing cool air directly onto this GPU.
Overall, I recommend you go with a more graphics processor than the HIS HD 6450, I’d rather spend an extra 60 extra bucks to get a more powerful GPU. I recommend this AMD 7770 beast!
Incoming search terms:
- his hd 6450 silent edition configuration
- hd6450 silent overclock
- hd6450 splinter cell conviction
- HIS 6450
- his 6450 1gb
- HIS amd radeon hd 6450 1gb ddr3 specification
- his hd 6450 1gb ddr3
- best 6450
- his radeon hd 6450 1gb silence review
- list of games hd 6450 problems